How do you make grooves in AutoCAD?
To Insert a Groove on a Shaft
- In the Shaft Generator dialog box, select the Groove option.
- Specify the position where the groove is to be inserted in an existing shaft section.
- Specify the length of the groove (use a negative value if the groove is to be placed to the left side of the starting point).
How do I turn off smooth lines in AutoCAD?
On the command line in AutoCAD, type WHIPARC and set it to 0 (recommended). Notes: Smooth Line Display can also be turned on in the Graphics Performance window (use the GRAPHICSCONFIG command).
How do you break a line in CAD?
Breaking a line into two in AutoCad
- Type in BREAK at the command line or select break tool.
- Select the object you wish to break.
- Select First Point Option (F) then.
- Pick the point where you wish divide the object.
- When prompted to specify second break point, type @ and Enter.
How do you make a groove in Autodesk Inventor?
On the Design tab, select Cylinder in the tree control. In the Section features drop-down menu, Add Groove – A, or Add Groove – B . Use the drop-down menu to specify how the groove position is measured within the shaft section. Enables groove dimensions editing.